Articles on this Page
- 11/19/18--02:16: _Australia: Crowd-so...
- 11/20/18--23:32: _Australia: Is it ok...
- 11/20/18--23:36: _Australia: Show me ...
- 11/20/18--23:39: _Australia: Changin...
- 11/20/18--23:47: _Australia: Domesti...
- 11/21/18--00:01: _Australia: Prevent...
- 11/21/18--00:22: _Australia: If you h...
- 12/03/18--04:00: _Australia: Appeals:...
- 12/02/18--19:33: _Australia: Cross al...
- 12/12/18--23:07: _Australia: Death an...
- 12/13/18--02:01: _Australia: You say ...
- 12/16/18--20:37: _Australia: But what...
- 12/25/18--22:21: _Australia: The role...
- 12/25/18--22:26: _Australia: Modern ...
- 12/25/18--23:42: _Australia: Informa...
- 12/26/18--18:37: _Australia: Tis the ...
- 12/26/18--19:03: _Australia: A real d...
- 12/26/18--19:21: _Australia: A review...
- 01/13/19--20:28: _Australia: We canno...
- 01/15/19--01:01: _Australia: An emplo...
- 12/03/18--04:00: Australia: Appeals: a useful lesson - Swaab
- 12/12/18--23:07: Australia: Death and family law property proceedings - Swaab
- 12/25/18--22:21: Australia: The role of expert evidence in family law - Swaab
- 12/26/18--19:21: Australia: A review of women at work in 2018 - Swaab
Private companies can now seek finance through the equity CSF regime, that was previously open only to public companies.
Article warns of dangers involved in allowing your former spouse to take your children overseas.
Article discusses the importance of disclosing assets in family law proceedings.
Article outlines when a court will be prepared to consider changing the surname of a child.
The article looks at the impact of domestic violence on financial cases, such as property settlements and contributions.
When a parent takes their child out of Australia without any agreement, it may be difficult to secure its safe return.
When you sign a Binding Financial Agreement and no longer agree to its terms, your rights to terminate are very limited.
Parties should raise all relevant arguments at first instance, as they may not be able to raise new points on appeal.
This case highlights that creditors must get personal guarantees right or they may risk not being able to enforce them
What happens if family law property proceedings have commenced and then a party to the proceedings dies?
This case demonstrates how the Court deals with two construction contracts and decides which one binds the parties.
The case highlights the need to be precise in drafting these agreements, particularly in respect to division of property.
Expert evidence can be critical in navigating a family law matter to obtain a favourable property settlement.
Employers face the constant challenge of trying to keep up with changes to the industrial relations landscape.
This case highlights a court's willingness not to make property settlement orders where it is not just and equitable.
The article looks at how different kinds of gifts have been treated by the courts in family law property settlements.
If an informal agreement has been reached, it is prudent to record the terms to avoid any confusion and uncertainty.
Women at work will clearly remain at the centre of continued public discourse as well as public policy and legal reform.
The Court needs to balance between welfare of the child and neutrality as to different religious views and practices.
The employer applied to the FWC to vary the amount payable to an employee, terminated on the basis of redundancy, to nil.