Articles on this Page
- 12/13/18--02:01: _Australia: You say ...
- 12/16/18--20:37: _Australia: But what...
- 12/25/18--22:21: _Australia: The role...
- 12/25/18--22:26: _Australia: Modern ...
- 12/25/18--23:42: _Australia: Informa...
- 12/26/18--18:37: _Australia: Tis the ...
- 12/26/18--19:03: _Australia: A real d...
- 12/26/18--19:21: _Australia: A review...
- 11/19/18--04:00: _Australia: Until de...
- 01/13/19--20:28: _Australia: We canno...
- 01/15/19--01:01: _Australia: An emplo...
- 12/25/18--22:21: Australia: The role of expert evidence in family law - Swaab
- 12/26/18--19:21: Australia: A review of women at work in 2018 - Swaab
This case demonstrates how the Court deals with two construction contracts and decides which one binds the parties.
The case highlights the need to be precise in drafting these agreements, particularly in respect to division of property.
Expert evidence can be critical in navigating a family law matter to obtain a favourable property settlement.
Employers face the constant challenge of trying to keep up with changes to the industrial relations landscape.
This case highlights a court's willingness not to make property settlement orders where it is not just and equitable.
The article looks at how different kinds of gifts have been treated by the courts in family law property settlements.
If an informal agreement has been reached, it is prudent to record the terms to avoid any confusion and uncertainty.
Women at work will clearly remain at the centre of continued public discourse as well as public policy and legal reform.
Where a genuine dispute exists, creditors should commence court proceedings rather than issuing a statutory demand.
The Court needs to balance between welfare of the child and neutrality as to different religious views and practices.
The employer applied to the FWC to vary the amount payable to an employee, terminated on the basis of redundancy, to nil.