Articles on this Page
- 05/31/18--22:22: _Australia: The GST ...
- 06/07/18--00:28: _Australia: Breaking...
- 06/14/18--21:06: _Australia: Privacy ...
- 06/27/18--04:03: _Australia: Saliciou...
- 07/02/18--01:58: _Australia: School h...
- 07/02/18--02:08: _Australia: Whats in...
- 07/09/18--02:04: _Australia: The AHRC...
- 07/12/18--19:37: _Australia: Everyone...
- 07/18/18--23:34: _Australia: Establis...
- 07/18/18--23:59: _Australia: Right to...
- 07/26/18--01:24: _Australia: Incapaci...
- 08/03/18--21:56: _Australia: Do you h...
- 08/12/18--20:34: _Australia: Alcohol ...
- 08/12/18--20:39: _Australia: The Wein...
- 08/15/18--05:55: _Australia: Resignin...
- 08/15/18--05:57: _Australia: Dismissi...
- 08/14/18--18:00: _Australia: Dismissi...
- 08/21/18--02:06: _Australia: 5 Lesson...
- 08/26/18--03:40: _Australia: Casual e...
- 08/29/18--21:10: _Australia: Abuse fr...
- 06/27/18--04:03: Australia: Salicious facts, important principles - Swaab Attorneys
- 07/02/18--01:58: Australia: School holiday time - Swaab Attorneys
- 07/02/18--02:08: Australia: Whats in a name - in family law? - Swaab Attorneys
The legislation requires purchasers to remit the GST element of the purchase price directly to the ATO at settlement.
Dismissing an employee by phone, text or email is not an appropriate means of communicating such a serious decision.
If you comply with the Australian privacy laws and principles, you would comply with many of the GDPR requirements.
Unfair dismissal cases with solicitous facts get attention AND sometimes lead to useful legal observations with broad application.
"Significant and substantial time" allows a child time with a parent on weekends, holidays and days during the week.
Parents can change their names, but to change a child's name, both parents should consent and sign the Registry forms.
The recent AHRC report into discrimination in employment on the basis of criminal record garnered much media attention.
This decision is useful for employers who find that an employee has been deliberately dishonest in their job application.
In this recent Victorian appeal case, the court found the establishment fee charged for the loan to be a penalty.
The right to terminate a contract is now not enforceable if it is triggered by a party suffering an insolvency event.
Employers should obtain a clear medical opinion when making decisions relating to an employee's capacity to perform work.
He could not return to work until his driver licence was reinstated, so there was no contractual entitlement to wages.
This article considers some recent family law cases where alcohol was raised as an issue in parenting proceedings.
Such clauses, which relate to the behaviour of senior management, are often being included in business sale agreements.
Key test it seems is whether a real intention to resign can be discerned and the apparent state of mind of the employee.
This two part article provides some practical guidance on the termination of senior executives.
Examination of legal claims senior staff can bring on termination of employment and how employers can safeguard against them.
Failures in governance are not just limited to the financial services industry - 5 key lessons for SMEs.
Many casual employees are miscategorised and therefore may have valid claims for entitlements associated with permanency.
Employers need to balance feedback from the general public with their duty to protect the health and safety of employees.